For some old models customized by SOLOVOX, such as V6, F6S MINI, V7, and much more, if you want to install a new firmware, you can use the RS232 Upgrade Tool.
Of course, you need a Windows computer, a RS232 serial cable, and the firmware file.
Use RS232 Upgrade Tool to update V6, V7 and V8
- Make sure you have the firmware file. If you have not it yet, you can download one named SOLOVOX_V6_V7_V8PLUS_LED_170824.rar from the SOLOVOX’s download page. Please unzip the file, and you will get a ABS firmware file named SOLOVOX_V6_V7_V8PLUS_LED_170824.abs
- Make sure you have the RS232 Upgrade Tool. Similarly, if you have not it, please download it from our download page. The tool file is called SOLOVOX V6 V7 V8 RS232 Upgrade TOOL.zip, please unzip it after downloading, then you can find the executable file EromUpgrade.exe in the unzipped folder
- Please open the RS232 Upgrade Tool by double-clicking on EromUpgrade.exe
- Please set your COM port, it is very important to set a correct COM port. And for other options, Bits Rate is 115200, Parity is Even, Operate Mode is Upgrade, File is certainly your firmware file, check the box of Include Bootloader
- Connect SOLOVOX device to your computer by using your RS232 serial cable, please don’t power on your device at this time
- Click on Next to start to synchronize the device
- At this point, power on your SOLOVOX device
- Update now start
- After updating to 100%, you will see some information warning Click “Next” to stat burning. etc.
- Please click on Next to start to flash burning
- After flashing to 100%, the update is finished successfully, your SOLOVOX device will automatically reboot